Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Change

Lots of people actually question if it is possible for a person to change. Not just their every day life style, but the way they think, feel and live their lives.

For instance, a man or a woman can change in a relationship if they do something wrong like cheating. There are, however, some people out there who actually don’t believe this. Some people believe that it takes therapy and work to get the trust back in a relationship. Some believe it could never be the same no matter what you do.

There are people out there who believe that people who get sentenced to prison can go through therapy and change. Some actually do change and others just say they do to get out. There are also people who commit smaller crimes that get lighter punishments. They believe that they can change.

Change can be good if the person who needs to change wants to change. But, that isn’t always the case. We as individual people are charged with attempting to decide when these people do the things they do and commit the crimes they do if they have the ability to make the necessary changes. This is the most difficult thing in this country to do.

2 comments:

sflfk said...

I am a firm believer that people can even change over time, grow up and become a fuller person. I really liked this entry.

Regina Cassell said...

I think it's hard to have a lasting change in life without God's help. I've certainly tried walking into the wall enough times on my own.

But, I find trusting God to help me is equally as challenging. Thankfully, the "village" I find at my church helps me tremendously.

In other news, you need a total of 13 posts to be all caught up. Post away. If you've got kids, you've got stories : 0